Café Meijerinliiteri is a unique, family owned summer café located in the heart of the beautiful Finnish Lakeland. We serve fresh coffee, mint tea, berry juices and homemade sweet and savory pastries.
The ingredients of our freshly baked slow-food delicacies are locally sourced, and all the recipes and flavors follow the rhythm of the seasons and the surrounding nature. Our seasonally varying selection includes pies, waffles, cakes and fresh homemade juices – all served in our beautiful summer garden.
Café Meijerinliiteri is not only a coffee shop, but also an interesting location in which to spend time and to see Finnish history and traditions. The Kokko homestead was founded at this very location centuries ago, and the recent owners, Juhani and Maija, have turned the residence into a place where everyone can enjoy the beauty of the Finnish country life.
In addition to sipping a coffee under the birch, one can visit the art gallery ”Galleria Jäähuone” or explore our second hand dress shop. There is also plenty of room for kids to gambol around.
During the summer season 2018 we offer live music events at our new venue, Jäähuone:
- 6 July: Päiväkahvit Martti Servon seurassa
- A cup of coffee with Mr. Servo and his hilarious stories
- 3 August: Jonna Tervomaa & Jussi Jaakonaho
- Evening with a soulful Finnish singer-songwriter
- 25 August: Fadonkorjuu – Kirsi Poutanen & Esa Helasvuo
- Portuguese Fado in Finnish, sung by Finland’s own fadista
- 7 September: Liiteritango
- Finnish and Argentinian tango, chansons and theater music
Tickets: 10 €. For more information & Tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.+358 50 548 9428.